A baby is born completely dependent on those around….soon the baby learns to crawl and eventually to walk.
The same happens when we are born again of the Spirit and of water. John 3:5 Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.
Initially God cradles us as we are completely dependent on Him and those around us to help us grow in our spiritual journey. At some point we learn to move on our own as we gain a bit of independence. We crawl towards God as we learn who He is and learn His love for us. As a part of growth….we also learn to read the Word, to worship, to pray, etc. Eventually we learn to walk.
Let’s take a look at some ways to walk.
- Proverbs 28:18 Whoso walketh uprightly shall be saved: but he that is perverse in his ways shall fall at once.
- Psalm 84:11 For the Lord God is a sun and shield: the Lord will give grace and glory: no good thing will he withhold from them that walk uprightly.
Walk in the Spirit.
- Galatians 5:16 This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh.
- Galatians 5:25 If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit.
Walk in the Truth.
- Psalm 86:11 Teach me thy way, O Lord; I will walk in thy truth: unite my heart to fear thy name.
- 3 John 1:4 I have no greater joy than to hear that my children walk in truth.
Walk by faith.
- 2 Corinthians 5:7 (For we walk by faith, not by sight:)
Walk in the newness of life.
- Romans 6:4 Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life.
And ultimately we want to walk in white!!!!!
- Revelation 3:4 Thou hast a few names even in Sardis which have not defiled their garments; and they shall walk with me in white: for they are worthy.
There are so many ways to walk according to scripture but just like we walk daily to the point that we don’t have to think about it because it is just a part of life…. I pray that as we follow the unction of the Holy Ghost, walking in the Spirit is just a natural thing that we do daily.
You are super special! Until next time,
P.S. It was so many scriptures on walking!!! This is the narrowed down version. The good thing about walking is that it is step by step. Take it one day at a time.